Wednesday, July 22, 2026

on poetry--

 I’ve recently been dabbling in poetry, I find it complex and full of emotions. 


As a child into my teen years I had never really understood poetry, never felt connected to it. As an adult though, I have a much deeper appreciation for the art. Now as a writer (and writing characters who write poetry), I thought that it would be smart, that I, the author, should learn how to construct poetry. To feel it. To have to dive deep within my own soul. How I can create such memorable characters (right now my MC falls flat, gotta give her some life.) 


I even wrote my first poem, and already have more drafted.


I find myself content in this world. Creating, erasing, creating, erasing. Until I find the right words. The right feeling. I’ve never felt more alive than I have in this last year. As I continue to grow and learn, I eagerly await to explore other parts of myself, I then can share with you.


Until next time,


xo


C.R. Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment

secret garden

  To the secret garden–Eloise made her escape. Away from her wicked stepmother–taunting her with cruel fate. In the garden, so lush and so g...