Wednesday, July 8, 2026

crochet & crochet accessories

 Good morning friends, I hope you are doing well and taking care of yourselves!


One hobby I mentioned in a recent blog I partake in is crocheting. It’ll be a major topic amongst this blog. I started crocheting back in 2020. Years before I tried and tried again but I couldn’t even make a chain. Present day, I sit here creating unique pieces, big and small. I had meticulously practiced over and over again (I still do to this day), practiced and found my rhythm. 


I admit I tried to turn it into a business (yeah I fell into a deep spiral for that one), and I did make a few bucks but I paid my toll in burnout. Turns out just crocheting for the mass isn’t for me. 


Anymore these days I crochet for fun, to unleash some creativity and push myself a little. I’m currently working on a very fun summer project that I cannot wait to reveal! (And if anyone wants the pattern, I’ll create it and add it here to my blog!) 

Selfish as it may seem, I crochet for myself. Yes, I make a wide variety of things for close loved ones (remember kids, not everyone is worth crocheting for). It’s my craft, I make things that make me feel good. It only helps boost my confidence. It's one of my major art forms (I barely can draw stick figures, I’m no Leonardo da Vinci). So I take pride in my art and wear it fearlessly. Therefore, I’m a little selfish when it comes to my projects. Again, I was not made to make countless projects to try and sell. I started to fall out of love with crochet. 


After a long break and some lengthy healing, I started slowly getting back into crochet as a hobby and thus deepening my relationship again with my craft. I won’t say I regret trying to make it into a business, not at all. I just simply saw that it wasn’t the type of business or career path I wanted to stay down. 


So now, I slow down. I take my time and I cherish each project I do. Take the time to really work on something I can be so proud of by the end. Each project I create, big or small, is a marathon, not a race. 


I hope you remember that too my friend, no matter your craft, cherish your work. Honor yourself by honoring your work. It’s what truly shows your authentic you.


Take care my friends!


Xx

C.R. Phoenix


No comments:

Post a Comment

secret garden

  To the secret garden–Eloise made her escape. Away from her wicked stepmother–taunting her with cruel fate. In the garden, so lush and so g...