February 2025, a man named Jung Ho-seok, better known as J-Hope, was on a stage in sparkly pants...singing about lookin' like a paintin, don't need no validation. Then there was another reel, then another of this man. At first I didn't know his name, but I kept seeing him everywhere. Like a siren, he drew me in.
So what do I do? Yup, you guessed it I looked up his name...(chuckles...I'm in dangerπ )
That's really when it starts doesn't it ARMY? I just wanted to know their names....and now here I sit, present day blogging about BTS. Well, maybe not specifically about them, but this blog is definitely inspired by them.
So through the course of seeing Hobi, I dove in and learned about BTS, I started from the beginning and found songs I instantly just loved without even understanding Korean. The music, their voices that's what I felt. I felt connected and seen. I felt loved, comforted and warmth. Like one of those hugs you just needed, that embrace and security. Those boys bring that. I still don't know everything there is to know when it comes to the members, or the history (I've got 13 years of history lessons to unfold).
One thing I learned on pretty early though was my bias. Hobi drew me in. OT7 made me stay. But...Namjoon...made me obsessed. Jooniebear is my bias and I am a devotee to Rap Monster. This man...mmhmmm...I could go on for hours about this man π. Kim Namjoon, I love you π«Ά
I was in a dark place when they found me, I was going through some heavy detox from dealing with shitty people. It sucks to be an opening and welcoming person, only for others to take advantage of your kindness. It took sometime for me to really fully embrace BTS. In reality it wasn't about embracing BTS fully (I did it anyways), no what I wasn't fully ready to embrace was myself, my authentic self that I kept hiding, that I kept shoving in a box just to keep the peace or make others feel comfortable.
This work I've been doing (I'm a spiritual woman), I've been moving through the pain, and discomfort, unlearning bad habits, embracing new opportunities and experiences. Learning to protect my energy and only give to those who care and love about me the way that I do to them. Changing how I look and feel about myself, and its truly in thanks to OT7.
I changed drastically over the year, not just physically with the weight. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually, (thank you Loki and Hades π). The thing is too, I'm just getting started. I had shed the old and now, I'm in my new skin and ready for the next amazing opportunities and blessings.
Thank you BTS, you boys have helped me tremendously. You have no idea how much you've really been there. And now with Arirang, I can experience their comeback as first time ARMY. I look forward to all the adventures I'm going to take ππ
xx
C.R. Phoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment