▼

Thursday, September 24, 2026

another friendly update

 My, my, my, how long it’s been-


To make an incredibly long story short, I’ve been busy.


Since the school year finally started for my daughter, I’ve had more time during the day to sit and actively write. And oh my gosh am I having fun. Diving into this unknown and writing a book, working on more poetry and blogs, creating something out of nothing has given me inspiration (and some writers block too, I won’t lie). But overall I’m finding myself writing and writing and writing. Even if 90% of what I come up with doesn't get used, I’m still finding myself immersed and enjoying the road I’m travelling down. 


One thing I’m currently working through is my full reviews to the Assistant of the Villain series. I just finished the fourth one and girl I have some thoughts and opinions lmao. Because oh my god what the actual hell?! I cannot wait to share with you my thoughts on that, so please prepare some coffee or tea and grab a snack (it’s gonna be a long one). 


This month and next month for reading will be a lot of the SJM realm. I'm so excited for the new release coming this October!!! So I’m refreshing and re-reading to be caught up again. Down below are my goals for the month of September for reading. I got a big head start last month for A Court of Thorns and Roses and for Mist and Fury. Because we all know Silver Flame is gonna be a long ride (all puns intended).



On the TBR for the rest of September into October:


  • Alchemised- SenLinYu

  • A Court of Wings and Ruin- Sarah J. Maas

  • Crescent City House of Earth and Blood- Sarah J. Maas


The only book I’ll write a review for will be Alchemised, there won’t be book reviews to the other current reads, mainly because I don't really have anything to add. I have my opinions and views on the books but they are more or less the same as many within the community. I feel as though I’d rather do book reviews for new reads I have no idea about. Just going in blind to the story, the good, the bad and the ugly.


And if any of you lovelies have suggestions for some great reads, please comment down below!


Thanks for listening to my babbling, I always appreciate those who take time to read through my rambling words. 


Until next time,


C.R. Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment