Friday, July 17, 2026

I showed you my words- a poem

                                                            


I showed you my words–

My soul.

Clawing and tearing myself into pieces.

Digging myself into a hole.


I showed you my words–

Not just from my heart, no, 

but from the darkest corners of my mind.

I lit the flame and set everything ablazed.

The light must have been blinding,

I know–I’m just whining.


I showed you my words–

Wide and vast like the Atlantic ocean.

The tears shed– the vulnerability spoken…

They must have drowned you.

I know–I’m so broken.


I showed you my words–

Drafted on the ink stained pages of my heart.

Words to be shelved away,

never published.

There must have been too many grammatical errors.

I know–I’m an oversharer.


Crossing the most barren and desolate deserts,

I climbed the highest snow capped mountains.

Scouring the darkest forest, only guided by the flickering flashlight and profound lessons

I sat in solitude, exploring the vastness of time and space.

Woncdering– how did we get to this place?


I showed you my words–

But you chose not to read them.


-C.R. Phoenix-

No comments:

Post a Comment