I am a writer.
Four words that I’ve always struggled to utter out loud, four words if I said them aloud perhaps I’d be mocked, judged or even told “what makes you a writer?”. I’ve always had stories in my mind, wondrous worlds built for years {even to this day}, characters, plots, love, heartbreak.
And yet…I still never wrote for anyone other than myself {even those pieces are lost to time}. One myth I believed about being an author is that you need to have years of experience, degrees, and proof of your writing. I have none of those things. What I have is, my brain, a laptop and great confidence {even though I’m actually terrified.}, as well as future creative writing classes.
I recently found a clip from an interview with the late and great David Bowie {I love you Ziggy}, in that interview he spoke about artists, and the quote goes,
“If you feel safe in the area that you’re working in, you’re not working in the right area. Always go a little further into the water than you feel you’re capable of being in. Go a little bit out of your depth, and when you don’t feel that your feet are quite touching the bottom, you’re just about in the right place to do something exciting.”
Here I am, working in an area way out of my depth. Going a little further deep everyday. Moving through, exploring, learning too as I go. I've said before that not only is this blog, but also now my book is a healing journey. The seed has been planted, so now it’s time to nurture it.
I am a writer.
I am here to tell my stories.
Until next time, take care friends! 💜
xx
C.R. Phoenix 🔥
No comments:
Post a Comment